The following procedures describe how to configure WPA2 for mobile devices. At this time ITS is not providing certificate support for mobile devices, though this may change in the future. We suggest that you update to the latest version of your device's software to minimize certificate issues.
Android (Droid, EVO, Aero, Eris, Passion, etc...)
These instructions are for connecting to SecureMustangWireless using an Android V2.1 and higher.
For newer versions of Android, WPA2-Enterprise is supported. To setup connection with the SecureMustangWireless network, make sure your device is updated to the most current version of Android.
- Select Settings.
- Select Wireless networks.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
- Turn on Wi-Fi if it is not already on.
- Select SecureMustangWireless.
- It may ask for a "credential storage" password. This is NOT the LDAP/portal password -- it's an Android password. If you haven't set it up already, you may be prompted to do so at this point.
- Select EAP type: PEAP.
- Select Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2.
- Leave the CA Certificate and Client certificate fields blank.
- For Identity, type the LDAP/portal username.
- Finally, for the Wireless Password type the LDAP/portal password.
Subtle differences in the appearance of the screen may exist depending upon the version of the Windows Mobile device being used.
- Make sure that wireless is enabled on your phone and verify that your phone can support WPA2-Enterprise encryption.
NOTE: Windows Mobile 6.1 supports WPA2, but not all phones support WPA2. Please consult your phone's manual for further information.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Click the Connections/Communications tab.
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Click the wireless network, SecureMustangWireless.
- Select The Internet from the Connects to: drop-down menu.
- Click Next.
- Select WPA2 from the Authentication drop-down menu.
- Select AES from the Data Encryption drop-down menu.
- Select Next.
- Select PEAP from the EAP Type drop-down menu.
- A Network Log On window should appear. Enter your LDAP/portal username and password.
- Click OK.
- Click Set Up Wi-Fi (or click Manage Connections and then Setup Wi -Fi Network).
- If prompted, click Next on the Welcome to WI-FI Setup screen.
- Click Manually Add Network.
- Type the network name or Service Set Identifier (SSID) "SecureMustangWireless".
- Click Add.
- From the Security Type menu, select the security type for the Wi-Fi network. (SecureMustangWireless SSID = PEAP).
- Specify the required security credentials.
- Enter your LDAP/portal username and password.
- Leave the CA certificate field blank (N/A).
- Specify Inner Link Security: EAP-MSCHAPv2.
- Click Connect to manually add and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- To view connections status, you can access WI-FI – DIAGNOSTICS from the WI-FI Connections menu.